Cyber Secure Nigeria Conference, ABUJA, NIGERIA, 16 – 18 MAY 2017,March 13, 2017
African Utility Week, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA, 16 – 18 May 2017March 14, 2017
The overwhelming response from the Solar Industry has encouraged Expogroup to launch “SOLAR AFRICA” and after successful editions in Kenya and Tanzania Solar Africa is all set to step in the Ethiopian Market.
EXHIBITION INFO BELOW:
Solar Africa in Ethiopia will be held concurrently with Power &Energy Africa from 12th to 14th May 2017.
The region offers tremendous opportunities to suppliers worldwide, having among the strongest solar resources in the world. In particular, the region offers excellent potential for concentrated solar power (CSP) and concentrated photovoltaic (CPV) systems.
Solar photovoltaic’s are being promoted to replace fuel-based lighting and off-grid electrical needs. Ethiopia is thought to have about 5 MW of off-grid solar. Almost all current solar power is used for telecommunications. Other uses include village well pumps, health care and school lighting. A current government initiative plans to bring solar power to 150,000 households. The first phase included 1 MW of panels. The first large installation of solar was a village grid of 10 kW in 1985, expanded to 30 kW in 1989. A solar panel assembly plant opened in Addis Ababa in early 2013 capable of making 20 MW of panel per year.
Many African countries are currently exploring the use of solar and other renewable energy, with Ethiopia being a strong market for Solar industry and is currently focusing on developing the same. The Government is also being very supportive by allowing solar products to enter the country duty free.
PLAN AHEAD FOR THESE EVENTS
- Solar Panels
- Rural Power Generation Systems
- Compact Systems for Residential, Commercial & Industrial Electrification
- Grid connectible systems and solutions
- Batteries & Accessories
- Charge controllers and inverters
- Metering and grid connect solutions
- Cables & Accessories
- Test, measurement and monitoring solutions
- Solar Thermal Products & Solutions
- Street,Traffic, Garden & Billboard Lighting
- Solar Emergency Lighting
- Software solutions
- Solar Heating
- Solar consumer products & home appliances
- And much more!!!
- Consulting Firms
- Financial Firms
- Government Local/State/Federal
- Construction & Maintenance Contractors
- Fuel Suppliers
- Independent Power Producers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Power Industry Consultants
- Power Plant Designers
- Project Developers
- Research and Development Organizations
- Human Resource Managers and Recruiters
- Equipment Inspection and Repair Specialists
- Maintenance Service Providers
- Operations Service Providers
- And Many More!!!
Solar | SOLAR ENERGY | AFRICA
Related Upcoming Events
- The International Conference on Recent Advances in Renewable Energies, MONASTIR, TUNISIA, 04 – 05 NOV 2017
- Agro & Poultry Kenya, NAIROBI, KENYA, 13 – 15 OCT 2017
- West African Clean Energy and Environment Exhibition and Conference, ACCRA, GHANA, 07 – 09 NOV 2017
- Handling Expo, CAIRO, EGYPT, 16 – 19 NOV 2017
- Destination Africa, CAIRO, EGYPT, 11 – 12 NOV 2017