Design Indaba Conference, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA, 01 – 03 MAR 2017January 10, 2017
SA Fashion Week, JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA, 28 MAR – 01 APR 2017January 12, 2017
The African Agro-Tech Summit Conference & Expo is an annual high-level meeting of opinion leaders from across Africa and the World with a focus on agriculture and value addition of the Continent’s crop, animal and horticultural produce in sub-Sahara Africa.
SUMMIT INFO BELOW:
The Summit aims to consolidate the gains that have been made in Africa’s agriculture environment, and at the same time, to provide solutions to the challenges that bedevil agricultural production, post-harvest management, value addition and market access in the Continent.
THE SUMMIT IS TARGETED AT ANSWERING THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- How can Africa increase agricultural productivity in order to improve food security for its rising population?
- What are the regulatory and policy initiatives that are required to improve investment, productivity, value addition, quality and market access for Africa’s produce?
- How can Africa remove impediments to adoption of appropriate technology in order to excel in farm productivity, value addition and reduce post-harvest losses?
- What kind of financing options and investment environment does Africa need to adopt in order to boost local and foreign investment in agriculture and agro-processing?
- How can Africa improve quality and consistency of its produce in order to meet local and international standards and consumer preferences?
- How can Africa improve regional trade and market access for its agro-produce and manufactured products, within Africa and the rest of the World?
- How can Africa adopt sustainable practices in its agriculture and agribusinesses? What strategies can Africa adopt to meet rising climate change challenges?
WHO SHALL ATTEND THE SUMMIT?
- Small, medium and large scale farmers
- Regional, national and county Governments, regulators and policy makers
- Farmer and industry associations
- Suppliers of agrochemicals, inputs, equipment, packaging and services to the agri-business value chain
- Processors and packers of agro-produce
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Community-based Organisations (CBOs) and international development partners
- Marketers and exporters, retailers, traders and distributors
- Academic and research organizations
AFRICAN | Agriculture | Summit