Lab Africa Exhibition Northgate, JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA, 15 – 17 AUG 2017June 13, 2017
Lagos Fashion Expo, LAGOS, NIGERIA, 20 – 21 SEP 2017June 15, 2017
The 6th annual Infrastructure Africa Business Forum will present stakeholders with an opportunity to unpack the enormous growth potential in addressing Africa’s infrastructure needs.
CONFERENCE INFO BELOW:
THE GIANT AWAKENS: AFRICA, INFRASTRUCTURE & YOU
Africa, with a population exceeding 1 billion people is well placed as an emerging market, keen for investment and growth.
However, to build the infrastructure the continent needs to support growth and meet development goals; Africa will have to spend about $93 billion a year for a decade. Two-thirds of that sum would be for investments; the remaining third for maintenance. Africa already spends $45 billion a year on infrastructure, two-thirds of which is domestically financed from taxes and user charges. Most financing for capital investment is obtained from external sources according to the African Development Bank Group.
The 2-day Infrastructure Africa Business Forum will bring together business to explore new trading opportunities, establish new business networks, develop and form partnerships and plan a way forward to address some of the continent’s requirements.
Key sectors to be featured at the 2017 event include WATER . ENERGY . HEALTH . TRANSPORT . FINANCE
The Infrastructure Africa 2017 Business Forum aims to broadly cover the following topical themes in various business sessions:
- To provide a platform for informative and interactive sessions with the prime movers of Infrastructure sector across various spheres like Government, Policy makers, Industrial leaders, Academia and Potential investors.
- To enhance policy and regulatory framework to boost investor confidence in the infrastructure sector
- To find a way around to turn excruciatingly slow pace of infrastructure developments at the ground level
- To showcase some of Africa’s megaprojects
- To explore new potential areas in order to provide financial assistance as well as access to finance to the infrastructure players
- To focus on 5 key industry sectors and explore growth potential within these sectors, as well as unpacking challenges and obstacles and finding the solutions for growth in each sector.
- To encourage Public Private Partnership in the process of developing world class infrastructure
AUDIENCE / TARGET MARKET WILL INCLUDE:
- Policy Makers
- Private Equity Investors
- Industry Sector Specialists
- Construction Equipment Manufacturers / Suppliers
- Oil and gas pipeline developers
- Power project developers
- Cross-border project developers (PIDA projects included)
- Engineering Firms
- Port Developers / Operators
- Toll Plaza / Road maintenance companies
- Construction Companies / EPC Contractors / Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Companies
- Procurement companies
- Consultancy Organizations
- Airport Developers / Operators
- Road & Highways Developers
Infrastructure | AFRICA