International Conference On Supply Chain Management 2017 by DU&T Consulting
CONFERENCE INFO BELOW
International Conference On Supply Chain Management will focus on areas like identify international best practices framework which could be used by West African organisations to benchmark their supply chain management (SCM) practices, Develop sound practices in the management of the exchange rate at the Macro-level, Develop the productive input sectors as a forward linkage to reducing import dependence and many more.
In an increasingly competitive business world, businesses need to be able to measure the effectiveness of their supply chain management process practices against proven best practice frameworks. A number of these frameworks exist internationally but have to be used within the context of knowing the relative strengths and weaknesses of potential benchmarking frameworks.
The supply chain, which includes procurement, warehousing, transportation, logistics, production, packaging, quality control, channel and distribution management, warehousing and inventory management, is therefore indirectly controlled externally by the aforementioned challenges of exchange rate fluctuation, poor power generation, regulatory challenges as they impinge on supply chain processes and their performances. Pricing in the distributive process of the supply chain is seriously affected by cost-effect of external currency fluctuation. This has an inflationary effect on locally produced goods, which are often less preferred to their foreign competition.
The objective of Conference:
- Identify an international best practice framework which could be used by West African organisations to benchmark their supply chain management (SCM) practices.
- Develop sound practices in the management of the exchange rate at the Macro-level
- Develop the productive input sectors as a forward linkage to reducing import dependence.
- Reduce regulatory influence on supply chain management processes in business start-up and supply chain management processes
- Exploit various benefits of Free Trade Zones and identify how to harness them in West Africa
- Examine the importance proper quality management in fostering global competitiveness and adducing comparative advantages to West African products.
- Promoting international alliances in enhance supply chain processes and performances in the region.
- Supply chain management and competitive advantage
- Fundamental challenges in supply chain management
- Manufacturing supply chain and flow management
- Benchmarking International Supply Chain Best Practices
- Supply chain Security management systems according to ISO 28000
- Global Supply Chain Forum benchmarking framework
- SCORM: Supply Chain Operations Reference model
- Supplier relationship management process.
- Develop response procedures
- Develop a framework of metrics
- Quality trade off and opportunities in West Africa
- Review manufacturing, sourcing, marketing, and logistics strategies
- And Much More!!!
Logistics | Management | CONFERENCE
PLAN AHEAD FOR THESE EVENTS
Related Upcoming Events
- Handling Expo, CAIRO, EGYPT, 16 – 19 NOV 2017
- Nigeria Assembly, LAGOS, NIGERIA, 07 – 08 NOV 2017
- AfricArena – International Africa Tech Conference, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA, 06 – 07 NOV 2017
- Future Energy East Africa, NAIROBI, KENYA, 29 – 30 NOV 2017
- International AIDS Impact Conference, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA, 13 – 15 NOV 2017