Ghana International Model United Nations Conference, ACCRA, GHANA, 03 – 07 JAN 2017November 22, 2016
West Africa Energy Assembly, LAGOS, NIGERIA, 17 – 18 JAN 2017November 24, 2016
Next Generation of Cocoa Research for West and Central Africa will cover aspects on the recent innovations in cocoa improvement, share research experiences, identify research needs and develop national, regional and global alliances to unleash the potential of the crop.
The WCF African Cocoa Initiative (ACI), in conjunction with the African Cocoa Breeders Working Group (ACBWG), is organizing a one-time symposium in Ibadan, Nigeria on the next generation of cocoa research for West and Central Africa. The symposium takes place November 8 -10, 2016.
It will also provide a platform for consultation and development of a regional strategy for improving the cocoa sector based on genetic enhancement; pest and diseases, and mitigation of risks of climate change; post-harvest handling and quality aspects; mechanization/labor-saving technologies; markets, institutions and policies; and value chain analysis.
The symposium will bring together nearly 200 researchers, academics, industry representatives and other stakeholders in the cocoa sector to discuss research priorities across both the public and private sector platforms going forward.
GOALS OF THE SYMPOSIUM
The overall goal of this symposium is to establish:
PLAN AHEAD FOR THESE EVENTS
- A regional strategy for next generation research needs for cocoa sustainability;
- Increased investments for R4D needs;
- Increased engagement of policy makers, institutions and governments in the region for strengthening R&D capacity and human resource development.
Cocoa | CONFERENCE | Nigeria
Related Upcoming Events
- Wine & Olive Oil Production Expo, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA, 24 – 26 Oct 2017
- Agribusiness Congress East Africa, KASANGATI, UGANDA, 29 – 30 NOV 2017
- Agro & Poultry Kenya, NAIROBI, KENYA, 13 – 15 OCT 2017
- Argus West Africa Roads, ACCRA, GHANA, 28 – 30 NOV 2017
- The International Conference on Recent Advances in Renewable Energies, MONASTIR, TUNISIA, 04 – 05 NOV 2017